Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What Daddy Means To Me

He is the one that makes my world go round. The one that lights up the darkness and shows me there is nothing to be scared of. He kisses my boo-boos and chases away the scary monsters. He provides me with a love that is so powerful that I am weak from the beauty of it. He listens when I talk and provides his opinion when I ask.


He helps me everyday to become the little girl that I know I am and can be. He allows me to be me…with no expectations that are above my ability. He watches me grow and helps along the way. He offers advice and wisdom without being condescending. He guides me on a path to becoming a better me. He revels is my successes, just as much or maybe even more than I do. He provides a shoulder when I fail and helps me discover how to do it better next time.


He disciplines with a loving, but firm hand. Helping me grow as a person, by setting examples and offering words of wisdom. The one that always knows best, even though sometimes, I don’t agree with what is best…lol. He keeps my well-being in the forefront of his mind. Never letting me spin out of control. When I get a case of crazy-brain, he knows how to cure it. He keeps me centered.


He knows me and loves me, for the girl I am. For the girl that he sees when he looks at me. He knows I am not perfect, but I am perfect for him.


Originally Written: Dec. 2010

2 comments:

  1. This is perfectly stated. Daddy is everything, he is the world. I can't remember my world before him, and I don't want to ever imagine my world without him.

    I was lost before him, floating. Now I have that strength, that touchstone, love and support immeasurable. And I see an incredible amount of growth since God graced me. And it's amazing that he has done that with no more than a whisper and a soft touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank ya! :)

      It's funny how those whispers and soft touches can just...ground you.

      Delete

Visit Tillie N.'s profile on Pinterest.