Sunday, April 29, 2012

30 Days of Submission: Day Six

What do you feel are the roots of your submission? Do you think it has something to do with childhood? Is it a relationship management tool as in the practice of domestic discipline? Is it a sexual thrill or something else?

I have never really given much thought between the relation of childhood and submission. Did my childhood play a part in it? Maybe. But embracing it, owning it, and being okay with it, that all stems from Monster. The person that told me there is strength in submission. That being able to hand over that control, shows strength and courage. So for me, accepting the submission comes from Monster.

I can't really say it's a management tool. It's just how we are. Even before we decided to embrace it and explore it. There was an unspoken agreement in the roles. But when you have this awesome person that can take a step back, see the bigger picture, and can find the right path...well, how can you not follow that lead? Even if we didn't put the labels on it and dropped every kinky link, we would still work as The Monster Man and His Minion. He would still be leader and I would still be his devoted follower. So tool, I don't feel as though it is one. Open communication is our tool for management.

When it comes to the bedroom stuff, hex yeah, it's a thrill. Knowing I am putting my very life in his hands. It is a very fulfilling thrill. As for the something else, it a million something elses. It's a form of trust. A form of respect. Dependability. Love. Freedom. Accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Tillie N.'s profile on Pinterest.