Monday, May 14, 2012

I see what you did there...

I have nothing to really write about besides the fact that I have managed to grow flowers. For me, that's huge! My mom noticed when she came for a visit. That's saying something. She was suprised they weren't brown and spindly. I am too. Mostly because they were on the brink and half-off at the store. But I have really dedicated myself to these silly flowers. It was actually something Monster said I had to do. Take care of the flowers, he says. Take care of the flowers I have done. All my devotion to these stinkin flowers has led to healthy little plants. They're beautiful and bushy and they cheer me up.

I think there was something behind Monster assigning me this little duty. He's proving a point. You reap what you sew. You get what you put in. Just like in a relationship. Just like our relationship. We put a lot of hardwork into it. Planting the little sprouts of love, watering, fertilizing, and pruning. Everything all leds to something bigger. Beautiful. Strong. Healthy. My little flowers that I swore would be dead by the end of the next week are prettier than my mother-in-law's. Which is something else that's really saying something. They're strong and so vibrant. Much like my relationship with Monster. All our hardwork has brought about a strong and vibrant relationship.

He's a tricky little man. Having me do things and saying there is nothing behind it. "Just, take care of the plants punkin." "Look at your container garden, see how much it's grown. And all it took was a little devotion." "Hey bun, you know how much I love you, right?" Yes, Monster, all it took was a little TLC for the dying flowers bought for half price at Wal-Mart. Not too much of a risk on something close to extinct. Just love. Wonder what that was a metaphor for.


6 comments:

  1. This is very moving. You guys have something that is precious. I'm glad it's growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - He's good :) And he calls you bun - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, he's tricky. He does stuff like that all the time. Especially when I get a little off in my head. He calls me lots of names, but bun is one of the most used ones.

      Delete

Visit Tillie N.'s profile on Pinterest.